COVID-19 Pandemic- Sharing Best Practices and Lessons Learned.
Virtual Microsoft Teams Meeting - Tuesday, September 29, 2020
5 pm to 6:30 pm
- Work from home – %, restricting those who do not need to be present, type of company/business/college communications
- Disinfection supplies and challenges, increasing frequency
- Mask- personal or business provided
- Procedures – temp screening, mask wearing, how maintaining social distancing and any enforcement related to not following.
- Cases – have you had any? Confirmed by test or just symptoms?
- How/who informs others in the work area?
- Disinfection of the area? How done?
- Quarantine? Rules, days
- Travel? Company travel, personal travel? – Is business critical travel allowed and who approves, how are employees made aware of state travel restrictions?
- Q & A
Office and Industrial Ergonomics: A better way to understand ergonomics and put into practice for a more productive and safer workplace.
WHEN: Tuesday, February, 18, 2020 WHERE: Munich Haus 13 Center Street, Chicopee 413-594-8788
The presentation will demonstrate new ways to synchronize and manage the interaction between work and different approaches in the performance of work. By going back to some anatomical basics, we will explore and recognize some of our human limitations while creating strategies to better capitalize on them as we perform work. Understanding the “Why” in ergonomics is much better the knowing the “What” for establishing a safer workplace.
- Dr. Susan Lachowski, Ph.D, CSCS is the director of the Exercise Science Division at American International College, the New England Ambassador for Physiology and Education for Blood Flow Restriction Training, and an American Heart Association instructor.
- Joe Kessler, MBA, was the industrial engineer in charge of ergonomics at Hasbro Games and a consultant to many businesses in the Western Massachusetts area helping companies reduce risk of injury while improving productivity. Dr.
- Patrick Carley, DHA, MS, PT is a tenured professor in the Doctor of Physical Therapy program at American International College who teaches ergonomics, biomechanics, and gross anatomy/human dissection within the program. He also consults with many companies, like Honda, Boeing, Hasbro Games to improve work performance and ergonomics.