OSHA + AIHA Metro NY Alliance Agreement
OSHA+AIHA Alliance on PALMS Best Practice Guideline to address the Significant Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Issues of the Common Contaminants of Concern.
PALMS – which stands for PCBs, Asbestos, Lead/ Legionella, Mold/ Metals, Silica/ Safety & Health.
Principals in the PALMS of your Hands including:
- Identifying and Comparing the Permissible Exposure Levels (PEL) and Action Levels (AL) for each of the PALMS.
- Demonstrating the similarities and differences of these Common Contaminants of Concern.
- Selection of the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for each and all PALMS.
- Evaluating the Toxicity of each and all PALMS (most toxic and synergistic effects).
- State-of-the-art Exposure assessment of each and all PALMS.