Next Virtual Meeting in April 21, 2021
Local Section Meeting: Technical Presentation
Please join us from 12:00-2:00 for a technical presentation.
Location: Online VIA ZOOM link:
RSVP: No RSVP Required
Topic: Sanitizer Safety: Challenges from COVID-19 and Beyond
Presented By: Emma Colson, CIH, California Department of Pesticide Regulation
Members - $Free
Non-Members - $10 (Please contact Roman Worobel, SVS Treasurer, at email@example.com to arrange payment.)
The last party I attended was an engagement party in March 2020. Half the people didn’t show and over half the conversation was about coronavirus. The following Thursday, March 12, many of our area’s Industrial Hygienists gathered for the CIHC/AIHA-SVS Summit and sat socially distanced. That was our section’s last in-person meeting.
It’s been almost a year and I’m finally optimistic that normalcy will creep back into our lives. Tonight (Feb. 16) I heard Dr. Fauci say most adults will be vaccinated by late May or early June. What does this mean for our IH community? What will our local AIHA section look like in the coming year?
For the first half of our year, we’ll surely have to continue to connect over Zoom. Then, I hope to return to some in-person meetings. Here’s what I hope our AIHA-SVS year will look like
· April 21, 2021 – A local section Zoom meeting
· June – A local section Zoom meeting
· Late August / September – technical tour and social event (in-person)
· October 5– joint event with Sacramento ASSP
· Dec – Annual meeting and technical presentation at One Speed
My goal for our section this year is simple: keep our membership healthy and connected.
I welcome your ideas for how to keep our members engaged. If you’d like to get involved, please reach out.
David Hornung, MPH, CIH
Calling all local section members to assist with short-term volunteer opportunities! As part of our mission to enhance involvement with local section activities and to improve communication with all members, the Board is recruiting volunteers for the following activities:
- Assisting with social media sites, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. and teaming up Patrick Corcoran;
- Assisting with the upcoming events and teaming up with the AIHA-SVC Board members;
- Assisting with obtaining Corporate Sponsorships to enhance the technical sessions for our local section;
- Assisting with CIHC Summit in March 2021 and teaming up with Pam Murcell and Roxanne Fynboh;
- Reaching out to long time local section members to re-engage them with our local section.
Attention All Twitter Fans
Our local section has setup a Twitter account. So start tweeting @AIHASacramento