Next Virtual Meeting in June 16, 2021
Local Section Meeting: Technical Presentation
Please join us from 12:00-2:00 for a technical presentation.
Location: Online VIA ZOOM link:
RSVP: No RSVP Required
Topic: Sacramento County Communicable Disease Task Force is a multi-disciplinary group designed to apprehend and detain people with diseases that are deemed a public health risk. Members include the Sacramento County (Sac Co) Public Health Department (the lead agency), all law enforcement agencies within Sac Co, Sac Co DA, the three (3) main health care providers in Sac Co, Sac Fire, FBI, and an ambulance company. It is the 1st of its kind in the nation! Kelly's presentation will include an overview of Task Force activities during COVID.
Presented By: Kelly Moriki, CIH, Industrial Hygienist with Sacramento County, County Safety Office
Members - $Free
Non-Members - $10 (Please contact Roman Worobel, SVS Treasurer, at email@example.com to arrange payment.)
The last party I attended was an engagement party in March 2020. Half the people didn’t show and over half the conversation was about coronavirus. The following Thursday, March 12, many of our area’s Industrial Hygienists gathered for the CIHC/AIHA-SVS Summit and sat socially distanced. That was our section’s last in-person meeting.
It’s been almost a year and I’m finally optimistic that normalcy will creep back into our lives. Tonight (Feb. 16) I heard Dr. Fauci say most adults will be vaccinated by late May or early June. What does this mean for our IH community? What will our local AIHA section look like in the coming year?
For the first half of our year, we’ll surely have to continue to connect over Zoom. Then, I hope to return to some in-person meetings. Here’s what I hope our AIHA-SVS year will look like
· June 16, 2021 – A local section Zoom meeting and technical presentation
· Late August / September – technical tour and social event (in-person)
· October 5– joint event with Sacramento ASSP
· Dec – Annual meeting and technical presentation at One Speed
My goal for our section this year is simple: keep our membership healthy and connected.
I welcome your ideas for how to keep our members engaged. If you’d like to get involved, please reach out.
David Hornung, MPH, CIH
Calling all local section members to assist with short-term volunteer opportunities! As part of our mission to enhance involvement with local section activities and to improve communication with all members, the Board is recruiting volunteers for the following activities:
- Assisting with social media sites, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. and teaming up Patrick Corcoran;
- Assisting with the upcoming events and teaming up with the AIHA-SVC Board members;
- Assisting with obtaining Corporate Sponsorships to enhance the technical sessions for our local section;
- Assisting with CIHC Summit in March 2021 and teaming up with Pam Murcell and Roxanne Fynboh;
- Reaching out to long time local section members to re-engage them with our local section.
Attention All Twitter Fans
Our local section has setup a Twitter account. So start tweeting @AIHASacramento