Next Virtual Meeting on December 10, 2020
Local Section Meeting: Technical Presentation
Please join us from 12:00-2:00 for a technical presentation.
Location: Online VIA ZOOM
RSVP: RSVP is required by TBD.
$20.00 for Members
$30.00 for Non AIHA-SVS Members
RSVP your reservation to: Roman Worobel
- Oct. 13th - Speaker and topic: Larry Sloan, AIHA Chief Executive Officer, presenting on "AIHA National - Pivoting in Times of a Pandemic"
- Nov. 10th - Speaker and topic: Doug Parker, Chief, Division of Occupational Safety and Health (Cal/OSHA), "COVID: Cal/OSHA's Efforts and Experiences to Date"
- Dec. 8th - Speaker and topic: Kirk Phillips, Chris Laszcz-Davis, Dr. Deborah Nelson, Jenn Sahmel presenting on "Total Worker/Exposure/Health: Next Gen IH"
- Jan. 12th - Speaker and topic: Dr. Barbara Materna, Chief, Occupational Health Branch, Center for Healthy Communities, CA Dept. of Public Health, "Looking Back on 2020: Occupational Health and the COVID-19 Response"
- Feb. 9th - Speaker and topic: TBA
Welcome to 2020!
I wanted to take this opportunity as, once again, this year’s AIHA-SVS President to acknowledge and THANK our current Board members consisting of Past President, Patrick Corcoran; President-Elect, David Hornung; Secretary, Pamela Murcell; Treasurer, Roman Worobel; Directors: Roxanne Fynboh; Ed Klinenberg, and our newest Director, Andy Roed for their willingness and enthusiasm to volunteer their valuable time and energy to help plan, manage, organize and participate in our local section’s meetings, events, and professional development.
My goals remain simple-
- Conduct all scheduled section meetings, events and activities on-time, within budget and in a fully satisfactory manner.
- Create member opportunities for program input, development, feedback and participation.
- Recruit graduate and undergraduate students into our active section membership.
The 2020 Meeting/Event Calendar is as follows-
- February 13- Review of Cal/OSHA emergency and proposed Wildland Fire Smoke Regulations.
- March 12- CIHC Technical Summit in Sacramento (Dr. Barbara Materna is Keynote Speaker)
- April 16- Dr. Mark Nicas (Methylene chloride exposures in paint stripping operations)
- June 10- Relevant Ethics Case Studies (CM credit)
- September (TBD)- Drone Manufacturing Tour (Beverage Social to immediately follow)
- October 6- Joint Technical Summit with the Sac Chapter of ASSP
- December (TBD)- Annual Luncheon Meeting-Election of New Officers
Note: For the immediate future, our lunch meetings will be held at 2424 Arden Way, Sacramento in Conference Room 450 from 12-2pm until further notice. Board meetings will be held from 10:30-12pm prior to each section meeting. Email reminders will also be sent out to members.
Finally, I wanted to thank YOU, our members, without whom we would have no local section. I look forward to serving again as your President this coming year and working collaboratively in a strategic and coordinated way to maintain and grow an active and robust local section. I hope you and our colleagues will continue to get involved and participate!
Very Best Wishes in 2020!
Dan Felperin CIH, CSP
Calling all local section members to assist with short-term volunteer opportunities! As part of our mission to enhance involvement with local section activities and to improve communication with all members, the Board is recruiting volunteers for the following activities:
- Assisting with social media sites, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. and teaming up Patrick Corcoran;
- Assisting with the upcoming events and teaming up with Dan Felperin, Patrick Corcoran or other Board members;
- Assisting with obtaining Corporate Sponsorships to enhance the technical sessions for our local section;
- Assisting with CIHC Summit in March 2019 and teaming up with Pam Murcell and Roxanne Fynboh;
- Reaching out to long time local section members to re-engage them with our local section.
Attention All Twitter Fans
Our local section has setup a Twitter account. So start tweeting @AIHASacramento
The information that was presented at the April 18 local section meeting on Safety Matters and IAMIH are available on the National AIHA website. If you're interested in presenting one of these presentations at a local school, please let the Board know the date and time of your presentation.